Wednesday 30 August 2017

Self-doubt

For every spark of confidence 
There is a seed of doubt planted in my head
Where people say; you’re good
It says; you’re not good enough to be read
Some tell me I should publish my work
But doubt whispers in the dark corners of my mind
When I think I can accomplish things
It says in an evil tone; are you blind?
Surely you don’t think you can do this?
It laughs at me in my most insecure days
Gnawing away at my determination to become a writer
At my dream to set the world ablaze
It’s the story of my life
I know I shouldn’t listen to that insecure voice
I find it hard to ignore
And yet; I know I have no other choice


© KH

No comments:

All Hallows Eve (2)

 An old one but since it's Halloween... a Throwback.  All Hallows Eve It was All Hallows Eve And she was all alone Shadows surrounded he...